OH WHAT FUN IT WAS!
The annual Dallas Children’s Health Holiday Parade held on Saturday, Dec. 5, 2015 was an incredible event. Mendelson Entertainment Group is the driving creative force behind this 28-year Dallas tradition. The weather was beautiful, and the attendance was the largest EVER at an estimated 500,000 spectators! Here are a few facts you may not know about this event:
- The Dallas Children’s Health Holiday Parade is the fourth largest parade in the United States.
- More than 5,000 people participate.
- More than 1,300 people volunteer (some folks have volunteered all 28 years!).
- It is Dallas’ largest outdoor event with an estimated attendance of 500,000.
- The floats are built by a set design team in Philadelphia. They are shipped to Dallas where they are constructed at a float barn (really, that’s just a large parking lot we put a giant tent on and start putting the pieces together).
The 2015 Parade featured:
- Four Floats
- Jersey Boys as the Grand Marshals
- Miss America
- Miss Texas
- Costume Characters
- Six Giant Inflatable Balloons
- Fourteen Bands
- And, a TON of specialty groups!
MEG also produced the Parade Preview Party held the night before the Parade at the luxurious Adolphus Hotel. The Jersey Boys and Miss America performed spectacular numbers while guests enjoyed dinner and a visit from Santa.
Plans are already brewing for the 2016 Parade. Mark your calendars for Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 10 a.m. in Downtown Dallas. Tickets for the 2016 Parade will go on sale Oct. 1 at www.dallaschildrensparade.com. We hope you will come out, enjoy the Parade, celebrate Children’s Health and enjoy the child in all of us!