Just days ago, acts and performers from all across the nation were preparing to descend upon Dallas, TX for the 29th Annual Children’s Health Holiday Parade. Unfortunately, mother nature had a different plan – it’s going to rain on our parade.
The upcoming weather forecast for DFW includes a high probability of heavy rain and cold temperatures on Saturday. The Children’s Health Holiday Parade has been cancelled out of concern for the well-being of the patients and families that Children’s Health serves, as well as the safety of the participants and attendees.
Here’s a sneak peek of what would have been marching down the streets of downtown Dallas!
- The Red Hot Mamas, a musical and comedy performance group that has charmed audiences in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade as well as on Good Morning America and the Today Show.
- The newly crowed Miss America 2017 Savvy Shields, who serves as serve as the National Goodwill Ambassador for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
- The Stephen F. Austin Lumberjack Marching Band, a renowned group that has performed everywhere from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York to the New Year’s Parade in London, England.
- The Texas Ballet Theater, an internationally recognized ballet company and stars of The Nutcracker, premiering in Dallas-Fort Worth this holiday season.
- Of course, an appearance by the one and only Santa Claus!
- Plus, many many more wonderful performers, celebrities, giant balloons, floats and more!
We sincerely appreciate all of the incredible patients, volunteers, participants, sponsors and attendees who help bring the parade to life each year. You can still tune in to WFAA channel 8 on Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m. to relive the magic of last year’s parade!
Make sure to mark your calendars and dream of sunny skies for the 30TH ANNUAL Children’s Health Holiday Parade next December!